¿Quieres trabajar en conservación? ¿Te gustaría colaborar con la organización decana de la conservación en el mundo?
Aquí abajo tienes una oferta de prácticas en su oficina de Málaga. Si quieres saber cómo es trabajar para esta organización, te invito a leer esta interesante entrevista con una de sus trabajadoras.
Ecosystem Programme Intern
Vacancy #: 1506
Unit: Ecosystem Programme
Organization: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Location: Centre for Mediterranean Cooperation, Malaga, Spain
Reporting to: Programme Manager, Ecosystem Management and Development
Work percentage: 100%
Function group: -
Expected start date: 01 April 2017
Type of contract: Fixed-term (4 months)
Closing date: 26 March 2017
The Centre for Mediterranean Cooperation of IUCN (IUCN MED) is seeking a motivated candidate for the position of Ecosystem Programme Intern, to support the Ecosystem department of IUCN MED.
The Ecosystems Programme Intern is expected to support the work the Ecosystem Department is doing in the Mediterranean, with special focus on:
- IPAMed project
- Communication and raising awareness activities in the Mediterranean.
This call is restricted to students or early graduates who are still in the capacity of performing an internship under the framework of their institution.
Under the direct supervision of the Ecosystem Programme Officer , the Ecosystem Programme Intern will support the work the Ecosystem Department is doing in the Mediterranean.
This will include activities such as support for an Important Plant Areas / Key Biodiversity Areas database design, communication activities, as well as a range of administrative activities related to daily management of projects.
The project IPAMed represents an ambitious initiative to develop plant conservation actions in the South and East of the Mediterranean. The project strengthens the significance of Important Plant Areas (IPAs) as tools for biodiversity conservation. During the first phase of the project (2015-2016), field data collection missions had been done by teams of botanists in each selected IPAs following a common methodology.
At the same time the Mediterranean Ecosystem Profile, based on Biodiversity Key Areas (KBAs), had been updated.
Data from all IPAs and KBAs (including the data from previous phases) from the Mediterranean Region need to be collected, in particular from IPAMed project countries in order to generate a IPA/KBA database for the Mediterranean.
This assignment will include the following responsibilities:
• Define the structure and start growing a database on Key Biodiversity Areas in the Mediterranean; (70%)
• Support communication activities by updating the Ecosystem Department activities in the IUCN website, feeding social media, and drafting communication strategy; (20%)
• Support in organization and disseminating the department’s planned project’s events; (10%)
• Undertake any other task/emerging issues at the request of the Programme Officer or Assistant to ensure the effective implementation of the programme.
• -it is mandatory that the candidate be included in academic studies as the agreement will be between IUCN-Med and the University of the candidate.
• -a motivated University student (preferably 2nd year of Master) or early graduate endorsed by an institution that allows your participation in the capacity of intern.
• -a background on environmental science, biology (or any other discipline that is relevant to nature conservation) or in the final stages of acquiring it
• -strong written and oral communication skills. Excellent writing and editing skills in French and English
• -very good computer skills in particular, database programmes (Access and Excel), internet mainly if related with GIS .
• -high experience with social media is an asset.
-ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs.
-good organizational and communication skills.
• -high interest in flora conservation issues.
-having previous work experience in a similar field will be an asset.
• The monthly gross allowance for this position is 550 €
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges.
IUCN works on biodiversity, energy, human livelihoods and greening the world economy by supporting scientific research, managing field projects all over the world, and bringing governments, NGOs, the UN and companies together to develop policy, laws and best practice.
IUCN is the world’s oldest and largest global environmental organization, with more than 1,200 government and NGO members and almost 11,000 volunteer experts in some 160 countries. IUCN’s work is supported by over 1,000 staff in 45 offices and hundreds of partners in public, NGO and private sectors around the world.