The Department of Neurobiology at the University of Osnabrück in Germany offers a
(tariff 13 TV-L, 50 %)
with the aim to earn a PhD degree (Dr. rer. nat.) for three years, starting earliest in July 2017.
• The work will be focused on the analysis of molecular mechanisms of neuronal degeneration during Alzheimer’s disease using microscopic imaging and multi electrode array recordings of cells and mouse tissue (e.g. Neuropharmacology 113:434-44 (2017); 105:84-95 (2016), Mol. Neurodegener. 10:60 (2015)).
• a qualified university degree in biology or related subject
Optimal would be
• a background or some experiences in electrophysiology and cell culture
• knowledge about working with rodents
• willingness to work in an international team
• high motivation
We offer you
• an excellent international environment with state-of-art settings
As a certified family-friendly institution, the University Osnabrück is committed to furthering the compatibility between work/studies and family life.
As an employer, the University Osnabrück is committed to creating equal opportunities for women and men. For this reason, it aims to increase the proportion of the under-represented gender in the respective area.
Furthermore, qualified applicants with disabilities will be favored.
Applications with usual documents (CV, letter of intent, and two reference addresses) should be sent as a combined PDF document until 15th of May 2017 to Prof. Dr. Roland Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information regarding the project please email Prof. Dr. Roland Brandt at email@example.com.
We are looking very much forward to receiving your application!