The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a center of excellence within the Helmholtz Association that performs translational research on Neurodegenerative Diseases. The center includes nine high-performing sites in Berlin, Bonn, Dresden, Göttingen, Magdeburg, Munich, Rostock/Greifswald, Tübingen and Witten. The DZNE cooperates closely with universities, their clinics and other research facilities.
The DZNE in Bonn invites applications for a position as:
Research Technician (f/m) - MTA/BTA/CTA – Code 1392/2016/7
Description: The laboratory of Selective Vulnerability of Neurodegenerative Diseases, led by Dr. Walker Jackson, is focused on understanding why misfolded proteins tend to damage specific brain regions. We primarily study genetic neurodegenerative diseases including, Huntington’s disease, fatal familial insomnia and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Experiments on the importance of sleep for brain health are also underway.
• Preparation of histological sections from frozen and paraffin embedded samples; staining of these histological sections for bright-field and fluorescence microscopy
• Coordinating the breeding of mouse lines with complex genotypes
• Providing support for various experiments
• Lab organization and maintenance
• A Degree as a Research Technician (MTA/BTA/CTA)
• At least 3 years of professional experience with histology and microscopy
• Fluency in German and English
• Extensive experience with transgenic mice, neurobiology, and mouse models of neurodegenerative disease
• A high level of motivation as well as a high capacity for teamwork
• An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
• An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
• A high potential for the individual development of our employees
• Targeted personnel development
• A position initially limited to 2 years
• Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst)
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Interested candidates should send their full application documents IN A SINGLE FILE to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 15.08.2016