Molecular biology, cell culture, work with primary patient specimens, xenotransplantation models, in vivo experiments, next-generation-sequencing technology, gene knockdown and overexpression, mice analyses, high-throughput flow cytometry.
Duration: 4 years
• Doctorate in biology, biochemistry, or medicine
• Very good experience in the above mentioned methods
• High motivation to work hard in a competitive research field
• Rapid understanding and independent analysis of complex datasets
• Experience in writing of scientific reports and papers
• Very good knowledge of and experience with graphic programs, statistical software, and online tools (e.g. Illustrator, Lightroom, GraphPadPrism, R, BLAST)
• Strong communication skills (oral presentations and
• Experience and high motivation to work with mice and primary patient cells
Advantages for you:
• A small but highly dedicated team experienced in xenotransplantation and NGS technology where your contribution can have a real impact
• Exciting and highly needed translational research field where your work can make a difference for patient outcome
• Access to precious and unique patient material, unique cell banks and clinical databases
If this describes you and your intentions then please send your application ASAP in a single PDF document, consisting of:
• Brief statement of research interests and qualifications
• contact information of 2 scientists who may write a letter of recommendation.
For further information you may contact:
Dr. med. C. Pabst
Department of Hematology/Oncology
06120 Halle (Saale)
Phone: +49 (0)345-557-3185
Applications from disabled persons will be given preference in filling vacancies within the existing legal provisions if equally qualified.