International Coordinator / Project Coordinator Indonesia
The position will be limited until 31 December 2019 with a renewal option of another 4 years, and should be filled as soon as possible. The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (TV-L E13) with 100%, which corresponds to 39.8 hours per week.
EFForTS aims at providing science-based knowledge on how to protect and enhance the ecological functions of tropical forests and agricultural land-use systems at a landscape scale, while improving human welfare. EFForTS is organized in close cooperation between the University of Göttingen and partner institutions in Indonesia.
The main responsibilities
The coordination is within the Central Tasks Project Z01 responsible for the overall administrative management and science implementation:
• Financial management in Indonesia: planning, controlling and
reporting to Göttingen
• Research administration: workshops, permits, logistics and support of
scientists from different fields in Germany and Indonesia
• Stakeholder and counterpart engagement: building up strong contact
networks with parties involved
• Management of the EFForTS office in Bogor
The workplace is based at Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) in Bogor, Indonesia.
Qualifications and experience
• University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent qualification)
• Project management of university-based projects at international
• Financial management
• Team management
• Working in interdisciplinary and international teams
• Proficiency in German and English, knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is
• Ability to build positive and co-operative working relationships with
colleagues and researchers of diverse cultural and academic
backgrounds within EFForTS
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are underrepresented in this field. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will be favored.
Please send your application with the usual documents in electronic form as a single pdf-file by 14 May 2017 to Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, CRC 990, Dr. Barbara Wick, JFB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology, Untere Karspüle 2, 37073 Göttingen, Germany. E-mail: email@example.com.
The documents will be destroyed after a holding period of three months.